Welcome to MELEM
At Melem Education, our goal is to help our learners gain the confidence and vital skills they need to read and write, using evidence-based MSL practices to do so. Melem educators recognise that every learner is different, and as such, we strive to create an engaging, positive environment with one-to-one sessions that are tailored specifically to the needs of each learner.
MSL and Orton-Gillingham Dyslexia Education
- Our head educators are AMADAs with the Institute for Multisensory Language Education, and are trained through the Dyslexia Orton-Gillingham Institute, Australia.
- We undertake educational assessments in line with IMSLE diagnostics to provide advice and evidence-based interventions for learners with dyslexia and lower literacy capabilities.
- We work closely with parents and carers to develop plans that best support our learners and use direct, explicit teaching instruction to promote literacy skills for students in primary, high school and beyond.
HSC and High School English Education: All Grades
- Together, our directors have over 45 years experience as High School English and Learning Support teachers, and can provide specific tuition for all levels of English.
- We can support the devlopment and strengthening of conceptual and literary understandings in English Standard, Advanced and Extension 1, as well as providing support for concept planning and editing for Extension 2.
- We have a deep understanding of Stages 4, 5 and 6 English syllabi, and how to apply learning to a wide range of prescribed and school-selected texts.
Combined, our educators have over 45 years of English teaching experience. In our work across numerous schools, we have been lucky to have taught all grades from 7-12, including HSC Extensions 1 and 2.
Our experiences include working as Learning Support Teachers (with a combined 14 years in this area), Head Teacher Wellbeing and Head Teacher English. It was through our roles in Learning Support that we first became interested in Specific Learning Disorders.
Here, we witnessed the ways in which kids with SLDs can often ‘fly under the radar’ at school, and recognised the need for early intervention. We have a deep passion for working with all learners, no matter what age, to help them reach their personal bests.
We have a keen love of literacy and literature and enjoy nothing more than seeing learners gain a sense of confidence in their own abilities. We look forward to working with you!