WELCOME to MELEM
MSL, Dyslexia and English Education
At Melem Education, our goal is to help our learners gain the confidence and skills they need to read and write. Our qualified educators use evidence-based Orton-Gillingham and Multisensory Language (MSL) practices to support learners of all ages in reaching their personal bests.
Core to our work is the idea that every learner is different. As such, we strive to create an engaging, supportive, positive environment with one-to-one MSL sessions that are tailored specifically to the needs of each learner.
MSL and Orton-Gillingham Dyslexia Education
- Our educators are trained in the MSL approach through the Institute for Multisensory Language Education.
- We are trained Orton-Gillingham therapists through the Dyslexia Orton-Gillingham Institute Australia, using the Yoshimoto O-G approach.
- We work closely with learners, parents and carers to develop individual learning plans that best support our students through specialised structured literacy therapies.
- We work with students in primary and high school to develop and strengthen their reading and writing skills through a remedial, cumulative and highly structured approach.
HSC and High School English Education: All Grades
- With over 30 years experience between them, our High School English and Learning Support teachers can provide tuition for all levels of English.
- We support the strengthening of conceptual and literary understandings in English Studies, Standard, Advanced and Extension 1.
- With a deep understanding of Stages 4, 5 and 6 English syllabi, Melem educators can apply learning to a wide range of prescribed and school-selected texts.